Liv N' Luv Japan Top 5 Posts!

Friday, August 22, 2014

Today In Japan: Raising Awareness About Refugees

Hello everyone! Welcome to Liv N' Luv Japan! I decided to start a new category for Liv N' Luv Japan. I always seem to talk about entertainment in Japan such as celebrities, anime, manga, J-POP, etc. But, yesterday I notice that I rarely and none at all talk about what's been going on in Japan or any history really at all. So, starting today I will start talking more on about what's going on in Japan and I will label this category as "Today In Japan".

First, I want to talk about "Raising Awareness About Refugees". There was an event and children was with the members of the Nadeshiko Japan which is Japan's women soccer team. So, the team members decided to join in fun and games with the children that was there that day and asked them true or false questions about the refugees, I guess to test the children knowledge on the subject. The event was organized by the UNHCR at Toyosu Lalaport in Tokyo on Friday (it is Friday here today but, it was Friday for Japan yesterday).

Afterwards, the players and the children all took a photo together:







Here is a couple of photos of refugees in Japan:






I learned that there is a such thing such as "Refugee Day". I guess that they want children to learn more about refugees for plenty of reasons such as to help refugee agencies to increase their profile and visibility, to provide an opportunity for refugees to celebrate and express their cultural identity, to attract positive media coverage of refugee issues, etc. So after reading about this, I am assuming that their is low knowledge on people not knowing about refugees. Even I don't know much on refugees myself! For those who do not know what a refugee is, it is a person who has been forced to leave their country in order to escape war, persecution, natural disaster, etc.


Well, that is all for this article for "Today In Japan". On my opinion on refugees, I feel kinda sorry for them because you have to think about that they have to leave their families and the people they love. Also they are leaving their home country to go somewhere they are basically don't know about. If I was in that type of situation I will feel very worried and sad that I think I would go crazy. I wish I could help and support the people who are refugees and I am glad that I learned something new today that I didn't even know nothing about. Let me know your opinion on this article and how you feel about the people who are refugees in the comment section below. Also don't forget to follow and tweet to @LivNLuvJP !!

No comments:

Post a Comment